Dear MVC Families,
The video above shares the heart and motivation behind an offer MVC is extending to learners as we successfully close one semester and prepare for a new one to come.
In addition to physical health and safety, social-emotional wellbeing is a priority at our school. We know the East/West division, while necessary for logistics, has proven challenging for those whose closest friends attend in-person on the opposite day.
If your child is a learner interested in changing their in-person learning day (e.g. lives at an East address but would rather come on West days), you may apply here to switch days no later than this coming Sunday, December 20.
Some key factors to consider before you fill out this form:
- We cannot guarantee that we can accommodate all requests and will prioritize students who are struggling and members of our Class of 2021;
- Unforeseen developments related to the pandemic could alter our ability to offer this option, so please stay flexible as we take direction from our Santa Cruz County Public Health Office;
- Once a change is made, plan on that arrangement for the remainder of the school year;
- Transportation will remain unchanged, so those opting to change days will need to secure non-MVC-provided transportation;
- Patience will be essential as our team works to evaluate requests and notify families of changes no later than Wednesday, December 30.
If your child is requesting a change from remote only to in-person and this change does not impact East/West days, contact Student Services directly. There is no need to fill out the Google form.
As we move forward into this Christmas season, I invite you and your family, if you have not done so already, to enjoy this beautiful 35-minute Advent celebration featuring our talented MVC performing arts students. Despite the challenges 2020 has brought, we have much to celebrate in the hope and salvation God gave us in the gift of His Son, Jesus Christ.
Dr. Mitchell Salerno